The first big loop of 2020 is upon us and the Casino Guy is limping in after a beating at the hands of Ice Cube and Mohegan Sun. You think these beatings will stop Casino Guy from dipping into his kids college fund or selling off a few herpes drug stocks to make his bankroll? HELL NO!!!! So without further ado, here is the Cleveland / Detroit loop itinerary:
- Off the airplane, we drive to Presque Isle Downs and Casino in Erie, PA as we can’t check in until the afternoon
- From there we will stop by the MGM Northfield Park back in Ohio. Let’s see if I have any MGM points left I can use for on lunch.
- The JACK Cleveland is pretty darn close to the arena and our hotel so I suppose we can gamble there for a little….just a little maybe.
- On the ride to Detroit Rock City, stops at Hollywood Casino in Toledo and FireKeepers Casino in Battle Creek, Michigan will help us pass the time. You may ask, “Why are you going so far out of the way to go to Battle Creek?”. Because I have a problem asshole. Don’t judge me! (Seriously, I can’t envision another loop where I would come close to hitting this unless I do a BIG OLE LOOP around the Great Lakes through Canada and down through Wisconsin….never say never but let’s just get it out of the way now).
- Once we are in Detroit, MotorCity, Greektown and MGM Grand Detroit will be lucky enough to receive our patronage.
- Final two stops will be in o’Canada – Caesars just over the boarder in Windsor and then Cascades Casino in Chatham.
Throw in a Celtics/Cavs game, a trip to the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame and a Red Wings/Black Hawks game, I would say this will be a productive trip. FYI – I love stuffing 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag on my trips. Kind of feels like this:
Just typing this all out is making me nervous. The last 12 months has been gambling garbage for the most part. I never stop coming like the Terminator or Peter North but inevitably the movie ends for our heros.
And I would prefer to be on the right side of history on this one – the Terminator did die (Right? Or did they keep rebooting this shit? I can’t keep track) and Peter North eventually had to get sick of pineapples and run out of “juice”.
Thoughts and prayers are welcomed. #PrayforCasinoGuy
Follow along on Twitter @casinoguyreviews for progress of this journey to the dark side.